Saturday, March 27, 2021

Bookmarks

 It's the time of the year when days stretch out leisurely, windows open, buds appear on branches, and we shake off the crusty stuff also seen in dark corners of parking lots.

It's also time that our family typically does some clean-up - both of physical things as we make room for the kids' latest birthday gifts, and also of the more sedentary routines of winter.

Walking outdoors has been invigorating.

By sticking to a schedule of gradual progress each day, I managed to finish off my spring continuing education course well ahead of spring break, while simultaneously mapping out adventure opportunities for the getaway to rural northern Georgia we're making then. 

Our Pathfinder 2nd Edition RPG campaign has kept me connected to friends through the the colder, darker months of seemingly endless COVID quarantine (I am vaccinated, Melanie is not yet) and I'm hard at work learning Roll20 to help our online sessions run smoother than they do through kitbashed Google tools.

We watched all of The Mandalorian Season 2, The Boys Season 2, Fargo Season 4, and WandaVision - and Melanie many more whole seasons and series aside. The kids have been digging The Clone Wars (which they jokingly call "Star The Clone Wars Wars" every time they sit down to watch it together) and we are all pumped for the second episode of The Falcon and the Winter Solider later tonight. Somehow, I missed that Invincible released!

Well, no mystery, actually - virtual teaching has been consuming almost all of my time for months now. We've only got a handful of sessions of IMAGE left after the break, and this year, doing the marathon of qualification testing will actually feel like a relief, I think.

I'm only writing here because I cleaned out the bookmarks for my Google account. Wow, was it a trip - gong back years and years to around the time I finished up my Masters, changed teaching positions, and we packed and moved (into storage and the in-laws' house, back out of it once we found a new home) all in the span of a few months. There were links to the We Are Comics movement that sprang up in 2014, GameFaqs (!) guides to the Final Fantasy Dimensions mobile game, 13th Age RPG fansites that are no longer active, and a slew of stagnant blogs.

The only link from the "Blogs" folder that actually survived was this one. I figured I'd better breathe a bit of life into it until the time it can get more attention. I hope any who are reading are well, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wellness, Part Trois (and Packers and Station Eleven, too)

 It's been four full months since my previous post here, and also of weight loss maintenance. Even through the holidays, I have been bel...