Saturday, June 5, 2021

Wellness

My friend Matt has been posting his Fitbit-tracked weight loss progress with Noom for awhile now.

I've been inspired to give it a shot.

My weight yesterday was 215 pounds. For a person of my height, that ain't great, and while I generally feel well and have energy for most of my daily tasks, there are other recreational activities I'd like to enjoy with more regularity and intensity.

My goal weight is 185 pounds - still not what it should be, according to BMI measures, but to hell with that for now. 30 pounds is ambitious, but given how much time I have available to make progress towards goals in the summertime, I am going for it. After answering a battery of questions, Noom targets that goal for November. It's going to happen.

I don't plan to post daily progress as Matt does, or Before and After body shots. Appearance isn't my main goal, here. 

My wife Melanie has been kicking ass for about a year now, too, with daily moderate intensity workouts and moving us towards healthier meals. She's an inspiration; I want to be well for her and for our kids. 

I usually post links to these blog posts on social media, but won't be doing that now. If you happen upon this one, cheer me on the next time we connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wellness, Part Trois (and Packers and Station Eleven, too)

 It's been four full months since my previous post here, and also of weight loss maintenance. Even through the holidays, I have been bel...